Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Parent Saliva Viability Test - Day 1 (prior to Hydration) (BCM)


GOAL:
Establish scent viability

TESTING PROTOCOL:
Sample condition: test at room temp; refrigerate to preserve

BASELINE:  3 successive trials of 90%+ conducted on 2 subsequent sets



DOG ID #
3
TEST DATE
12/18/12
TEST
Test for Donor Sample I: A, B, C
DONOR ID #
3
ORIGIN
mouth
SCENT TYPE (saliva/spit/sweat/other
saliva
SEIZURE TYPE
status epilectus, tonic-clonic, complex partial
(DATE of CAPTURE
08.19.2012
TIME of CAPTURE (before/during/after)
during, after
SAMPLE STATE (cotton/gauze pad/clothing/other
gauze
STORAGE CONTAINER (covered test tube/double bagged))
double bagged;
frozen
SAMPLE CONDITION (frozen/refrigerated/room temp/other)
rcvd @ room temp, stored frozen, thawed to room temp
SAMPLE ID
AGE when USED
Sample 1
Day 1

MEDICATIONS
rescue Diastat
SAMPLE SUMMARY
tested @ room temp; stored in a baggie frozen
SAMPLE SUMMARY & DIFFERENCES
119 days since capture
frozen/thawed multiple times
1/2 original  3X3 sterile gauze pad, cut on diagonal
INTENSITY (# of holes
13
13
CONTAINER TYPE
glass salt shaker
glass salt shaker
PRESENTATION (hand/surface/wheel)
 *1  Test I:A
*2  Test I:B
*3  Test I:C
Test I:C
Scent Wheel w/Gauze Dummies
# of CONTAINERS
1-Hand
1-in Scent Wheel
1-in Scent Wheel w/Gauze Dummies
1
1
1
# of SCENT OPTIONS
1
1
1
1
1
1
REPS
10
10
10
10
10
10
% SUCCESS
100
100
80
100
100
90
COMMENTS
*1
*2
*3
*4
*5
*6
TARGET in #
N/A
6
3
3
5
1
EASE OF FIND
1 Very easy     2 Easy
  3 Normal
4 Difficult     5 Very difficult
1
1
3
2
2
2
TIME
forgot
--
--
--
--
--


BASELINE CRITERIA MET: 12/18/12
Sample considered viable for hydration; will become HP (Hydrated Parent)

*3:
incorrect indicator on 2nd rep (indicated 6) and 3rd rep (indicated 5).  I made the next two reps easier with the target closer to where he approached the wheel.  He then proceeded to get the rest correct.

*4,*5:
Nad once in a while indicated and then quickly 'popped' up to run after a treat (did he know he correctly indicated?), he would immediately go back to the correct one and station longer.

*6:
Incorrect indicator on 5th rep (indicated 2).  My personal observation was that he appeared to be getting tired.  Possibly he worked harder since he hadn't done it in a while.  (Last testing done 10/26/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment