Finding the right containers:
In preparation for training with Scent Pots, I went to 4 stores. I was looking for containers that would be stable, opaque or translucent enough that my visual dog wouldn't see the kibble/treats in the container and with an easy open lid. I came home from Target with containers that were stacked in a package and looked perfect. The bottoms were solid white and the lids purple. The lids did screw on as this was before I was informed (thanks Lynn), that easy opening tops were preferred. When I opened the package I found that the lids were too see through.
I ended up getting Maxwell House instant flavored coffee in rectangle plastic containers that I will empty and run through the wash machine twice - once with soap, once with just water per Lynn's instructions. I like these a lot as they are very stable, all opaque plastic, and easy to open, and soft enough lids that a small drill or ice pick can easily go through without breaking.
I did, however, find glass salt and pepper shakers (for future use) at the 99 cent store. Be sure to check the tops as one was defective and wouldn't come off.
No comments:
Post a Comment