Using one of the scent pots with 5 holes drilled into the top, I added cut up pieces of a chicken log which is higher value than kibble for him. He had not eaten breakfast yet.
Set 1:
I sat down and held the pot with the top angled towards him with him standing in front of me. He sniffed and I said "Yip" and opened the pot and gently tossed a treat on the ground. Since I didn't want him to think of Zen as had happened with Sue/Syn, I cued "touch" which he did and I y/t (said "Yip" and treated). Then I got 2 more longer touches and y/t with the top angled towards him.
Set 2:
(tried to video, didn't work)
10 treats in pot
After the first 5 I started to straighten the scent pot out so he would put his chin on it instead of his nose which was ok.
Then he put his teeth on the lip of the lid to see if I wanted him to start a "take it". I waited a second and he repositioned himself to put his chin on the top and I y/t.
Set 3:
10 treats in the pot
Got up to 3 secs duration. Again at one point he thought with the duration that I wanted him to open his mouth so again I waited him out and when he put his chin back on top, I y/t.
* I am thinking that during the next session I may let him take some treats out himself to up the value. A couple times he got distracted with noise going on outside the room.
No comments:
Post a Comment