Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tea Bag Test I:C - Day 1

NOTE:  In final preparation before testing sample from Donor 3, we are "over-preparing" Nad.  This week he will work the scent wheel as though he were testing live scent - 1 target shaker, 5 dummies (containing variable); not removing false positives from the wheel; working in sets of 3 twice daily and minimizing the distractions in his working environment.  Following the Testing Plan for Donor 3 Sample, we will notate the test being conducted and when the Baseline is met.


GOAL:
Establish scent viability

TESTING PROTOCOL:
Sample condition: test at room temp; refrigerate to preserve

BASELINE:  3 successive trials of 90%+ conducted on 2 subsequent sets

Tea Bag TEST:  I:C 


SAMPLE ID
AGE WHEN USED
Tea Bag 1 - room temp (stored)
Day 6

Tea Bag 1 - room temp (stored)
Day 6
INTENSITY (# of holes
13
13
CONTAINER TYPE
glass salt shaker
glass salt shaker
PRESENTATION (hand/surface/wheel)
scent wheel
scent wheel
# of CONTAINERS
6
6
6
6
6
6
# of SCENT OPTIONS
1
1
1
1
1
1
REPS
10
10
10
10
10
10
% SUCCESS
100
100
75
100
80
90
COMMENTS
*1
*2
*3
*4
*5
*6
TARGET in #
4
4
4
6
6
6
EASE OF FIND
1 Very easy     2 Easy
  3 Normal
4 Difficult     5 Very difficult
1
1
3
1
2
3
TIME
1:39
1:29
2:57
2:06
1:46
1:35

BASELINE CRITERIA MET:



*1
Hot in 4, Dummies in the rest
Turning wheel
Not taking any out if miss any


*2



*3
I started doing 3 sets in a row last night.  He was off on this set as opposed to the previous two.  I counted him at 75% as on one of the incorrect indications he moved to the correct one.



*4
Went to another room where there no distractions
Used cheese as treat
At one point Nad stopped on a container, however, since he did indicate (put his nose in the can and stop) I kept him going


*5
Nad indicated incorrectly 2 times in a row.   On the last rep, it is hard to see from the camera angle, Nad stopped but held his head above the can so I did not count that as an indicator


*6


2 comments:

  1. *3 " I counted him at 75% as on one of the incorrect indications he moved to the correct one."
    When working with live scent, what is your criteria going to be? Positive or false positive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. #9 he targets a false positive and then, without being reset, moves to the sample target, which you did NOT click. Let's talk about that when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete