Today we only had one short session in the evening.
SESSION 1:
Set 1:
I set Nad out of the room and had my two other dogs in the room on their bed. I used 4-5 pieces of kibble for the first session. We did 6 reps. I realized the fan was on after the 4th rep. He eagerly sniffed around the room until he found the kibble. On the 5th rep I put them close to an open door and possibly the outside smells carried in (in know, speculation). The 6th rep I moved them in and he got them in a new place under a dog bed corner by the wall. I am now seeing him search pretty much the whole room.
Set 2:
I read Sue's suggestion after my first set, so I used hot dog for the 2nd set. He still sniffs in a fairly calm fashion, however, i did see him get 'hooked' into the scent where he'd sniff, turn around and then whip around back to the scent - way cool! I only did 4 reps (one hot dog, 4 big pieces :) Even though he enjoyed it, I could see more drive with using the hot dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment