Today we started hiding the salt shaker with the hot dog inside a small baggie. The top was on the 5 hole salt shaker. I alternated sets between him and Samantha and the non-working dog was laying on their bed watching. Nad had not eatean and the others had, so he was very food motivated,
SESSION 1:
Set 1:
I started the first couple holding it in my hand and cuing 'find it'. Then put it on the floor. Then started the same as the pieces of hot dog - having Nad sit and placing it 3', then 5', then moving it around and having him find it. He quickly learned that the reward would come from me and not from the hot dog in the salt shaker.
Then re-setting Nad out of the room (he goes in his kennel around the corner), releasing him verbally and cueing 'find it'.
On this set I saw a lot of enthusiasm. He did slow when I put it up on the ottoman, however, was very persistent and found it.
10 Reps - 10/10
Set 2:
Still lots of drive. Was really using his nose.
10 Reps - 10/10
Set 3:
I saw a slowing down on this set. We have only done 2 sets previously. On 3 reps, he did stop for a few seconds and look at me. I know this is speculation, however, i feel that he was starting to use his eyes a little more and his nose a little less. He did however, complete them all.
10 Reps - 10/10
No comments:
Post a Comment