Saturday, August 4, 2012

Scent Pot: Day 8 (Intro to the pot being on a surface)

Before I started today I thought about what surface I would use.  My first thought was to use the coffee table as it is just at nose height.  That thought quickly went away as I didn't in any way want to encourage his nose hanging out on the table!

I used a large upholstered ottoman (which always has a blanket on it as we put our feet on it and the dogs are allowed on it).  I moved it next to the coffee table so I could sit on the table and still be next to him.

SESSION 1:
I started with a few reps of me holding the pot in my hand as I had done previously to remind him of what we were doing.

Set 1:  10 Reps - I had my hand on the pot when it was on the ottoman and moved it off once and he got confused so I put it back on.  10/10

Set 2:  10 Reps - 10/10

SESSION 2:
Once again I did a few reps of me holding the pot to remind him again

Set 1:  10 Reps - 10/10

Set 2:  10 Reps - 10/10 - I jackpotted once in the middle to keep his interest as he was getting a little distracted by sounds

No comments:

Post a Comment