Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Nose Work - Day 4

This morning we worked with hot dog cut into 6 pieces

SESSION 1:
Set 1:
6 Reps - 5/6 - reset once when hot dog piece was placed under a pillow on a bench.  I reset him and sent him in again with me standing halfway into the room (as it was at the far end) and he got it that time.



SESSION 2:

I alternated between Nad and Samantha using hot dog.  One would go out of the room (reset) while the other lay on their mat and watch).  I hid the hot dog up on furniture and under the large rug far corner as well as behind legs and under mats.
**This session I added using the clicker when they found the hot dog.  I clicked for both Nad and Samantha when they found where it was (my goal was that Nad would get extra exposure to the click marking the desired behavior).
I see Nad's stamina increasing as well as his enjoyment.

Set 1:
6 Reps - 6/6

SESSION 3:
**changed to hot dog in small baggie in an open glass salt shaker.  Clicked for putting nose on it. Treated with gently tossing piece of hot dog.

Set 1: holding the salt shaker in my hand
10 Reps - 10/10

Set 2: - started moving the salt shaker and adding the cue 'Find It'.
10 Reps - 9/10 (had to remind him that we were doing the salt shaker and not looking around for hidden hot dogs :)



No comments:

Post a Comment