Wednesday, August 8, 2012

2 Scent Pots: Day 1

I introduced a second (empty) scent pot today.  I placed the pot with the tea bag right next to me as i had done previously.  I did not rotate the pots at all.

SESSION 1:
Set 1: 10 Reps - rep 1-3 were perfect. he would sbriefly sniff the empty pot and then place his chin on the correct one.  On the 4th Rep, he placed his chin on the empty pot  then on the correct one.  on the 5th Rep he got really confused and placed his chin on the on the empty post for quite a while so I pulled it out and replaced them with the + pot (with tea bag) close to me and the - pot (without the teabag) much further away.

Set 2:  10 Reps - To help him get that I wanted him to target the pot next to me (the same one he had been clicked for previously), on three reps I clicked when his nose was right next to the pot (as opposed to his chin being on it).  He did start to offer me some other shaping behavior (chin on my foot) and that stopped as soon as I went back to clicking for his chin on the pot.

SESSION 2:
This session I went from 1 scent pot to two (as per my conversation with Lynn).
Nad was really hungry (it was 2 hours past his usual dinner time, and I tossed the chicken treats further away again)

Set 1: 10 Reps - 8/10 - with making it easier midway
Started with 1 pot for the first 3 reps. Got tremendous enthusiasm.  Added 2nd pot for 4th rep, again with no hesitation putting his chin on the correct pot.  I then randomly went from 1 to 2 pots.

Set 2: -  10 Reps -  1/10
This time I started with 1 pot for the 2 reps.  Then added the 2nd pot (still further away) and got wonderful enthusiasm and accuracy.




No comments:

Post a Comment