Time to do some major rethinking.
I now know that Nad has no idea at all what I am asking for.
To make it easier for him, this morning I made the holes bigger and got a new hydrated tea bag.
SESSION 1:
I let him smell the tea bag and presented it open to him 5 times with a 'yes' and treat (y/t)
Then presented 2 pots with lids off and he would randomly pick the empty pot :/
I was trying to make sure that position wasn't a cue
Then put the lid on and presented the one pot with the tea 5 times with a y/t
When I presented 2 pots, he was very random, so I stopped.
***BACK-UP***
After talking with Lynn, I am going back to 1 scent pot with the tea for a while.
SESSION 2:
Set 1:
10 Reps - 10/10
Set 2:
10 Reps - 10/10
SESSION 3:
10 Reps - 10/10
IMO, Nad doesn't understand yet what it is that he is doing that he is being rewarded for. Touch? Place? SMELL? Huh? Smell? He'll get it.
ReplyDeleteKeep looking at the sessions from Nad's POV and continue making it easier than easy in your explanation.
Wondering, too, if you're tossing the treat so he has to come back to smell the container again.
Remember that each time his nose is near the container, he IS catching the scent.
ReplyDelete